Sunday, September 16, 2018

Ride the C&S over Rocky Point: 2018 video

Imagine riding the Colorado & Southern Railway upgrade from Como, over the summit of Boreas Pass on the way to Breckenridge, Colorado.  Here I walked one of the few portions of the right-of-way that was not turned into an auto road.  This spot, between Como and the summit of the pass, was called Rocky Point.  It demonstrates the incredible beauty and inherent danger of narrow gauge railroading.  A short piece of restored track graces the spot.  I have heard that groups will occasionally ride a push car over this little stretch.  This was one of my first uses of a GoPro, so please forgive the rocking motion of the footage.

Audio is from: Sounds of Steam Locomotives No. 3: Colorado Narrow Gauge Stack Music. "Three Little Engines and 33 Cars."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job. I feel like I was there. Actually I was about 28 years ago. Didn't go up as far as you did.
John

Denver said...

Thanks, John. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I love capturing these sights for my own memories and others.