Saturday, March 23, 2024

C&S Refrigerator Car 1113 History: C&Sng at the CRRM

Back in September of 2023 my family had the chance to visit the Colorado Railroad Museum. Since I hadn't been to the museum since my teens (in the 1990s), this was my first visit with the only known C&S narrow gauge refrigerator car in existence (It was acquired by CRRM in 2002). One side and end is painted for the C&S where the car began its life while the other side and end is painted for the Rio Grande Southern where it spent the second part of its revenue life.

The video I made below tells the main pieces of the car's history.

(There is one error in my video. Don Drawer did not buy 1113. The D&RGW gave it to him as they wanted it "out of the way.")

For a more full story of the CRRM C&Sng equipment, see my series The Railroad Riches of Golden.

You can find 1113's specific story here.










No comments: