Sunday, April 19, 2015

Abandoned Ohio

I wish I could sneak away for a few hours here and there and snoop around the old C&S grades, but alas...I live in Ohio.

So, to satisfy my railroad skeleton-hunting bug, I've been researching abandoned railroads in my little suburb of Berea.  For years I was curious about a fitness trail that ended at old bridge abutments.  I found out that this was the grade of the old Cleveland, Southwestern, and Columbus interurban Railway.

With some safari-like adventures I located the grade on the other side of the river and then made a film of the remaining right-of-way.  I added sounds from actual interurbans to give the feel of what it was must have been like to ride this line.

Someday...someday I hope to create a video like this of some of the grades of the C&S.  In the meantime, enjoy a little taste of abandoned Ohio.





No comments: