Saturday, January 16, 2016

Clear Creek shot-Then and Now

I've always loved before and after/Then and Now photos.  In fact, whenever I've been to Colorado I have made it a goal to take photos of the old C&S as close as possible photos to the days when it was in operation.  I am often amazed at just how difficult it is to get the composition and angles just right.

The group Then and Now, Images of Colorado and the West do these types of photos with surprising precision.  As I have perused their work, I've been finding C&S related shots here and there.

In the video below there is a fantastic Then and Now photo from Clear Creek. The "Then" photo shows what I believe to be one of the clean up/scrap trains (in 1941?) pulling a long, long string of flatcars through the canyon.  It then fades into the present day view of this exact location.  It occurs at 5:48 in the video.

1 comment:

Chris Walker said...

Otto Perry shot this below Floyd Hill and appears in the DPL as OP-6304
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/p15330coll22/id/42744/rec/67

regards
Chris
in New Zealand