Wednesday, August 17, 2022

C&S Combine No. 20 debuts on TV

As I have been combing through the Rocky Mountain Rail Report I found a curious episode in the July 1974 edition that I had never heard about: C&S combine No. 20, on display in Central City, Colorado since 1941, and not used for service on the 1968-1981 tourist operation there, was able to stretch its legs in one of only two times in a 1974 TV special starring the band Chicago (The other was a Mini-Wheats commercial which I haven't found quite yet!).  

You can see the full TV special here.  I put the video below together to give a little background and to isolate the parts of the show that included No. 20 and ex-West Side Lumber Shay No. 14.  The vignette was filmed on a rebuilt portion of the old C&S right-of-way in Central City.

Thank you to those who found the TV special on Youtube!

No comments: