Friday, December 24, 2021

The history of Highline Railroad Park video

Highline Railroad Park in Breckenridge, Colorado is a park dedicated to the history of the DSP&P/DL&G/C&S line over Boreas Pass.  On display are C&S engine No. 9, C&S boxcar 8323, and replica C&S caboose 1012.  Also on display are are a White Pass & Yukon rotary snowplow and a D&RGW flatcar.  This video below shows some brief history surrounding the park and some of the rolling stock on display.

When I first visited Breckenridge in the early 1990s I only saw a sign commemorating the Boreas Pass route.  I was unaware that there was a rotary snowplow on display near a cemetery.  On a return visit in the early 2000s I saw the Rotary Snowplow Park for the first time.  When I was there it was just the White Pass rotary with two C&S boxcars behind it.  Finally, in my family's 2018 trip we were able to see the full Highline Railroad Park with No. 9, the replica C&S caboose, and all the other added signage and playground details.  

I didn't get any footage of the Highline RR Park's museum building.  Sorry!

No comments: