Sunday, May 19, 2019

Ride the C&S over Boreas Pass - part 2 video

This is the second part to my family's 2018 trip over Boreas Pass.  In the video, I designate location with insets corresponding to Google Earth so you have a sense of where you are on the journey over the pass.  Several sites are pointed out as well including:
-Selkirk trestle
-Selkirk water tank
-Selkirk siding
-2 different wreck sites (one from the 1890s and another from 1936)
-Boreas snowshed
-Boreas summit (more detailed film at the summit and the facilities and displays there will be in a future video)

If you expand the description in Youtube I've also created timecode links to points of interest which allows you to jump to those parts without watching all the way through.

I hope you enjoy it!



1 comment:

Cameron said...

Excellent footage and your mapping and historical pictures really add context. These are helping my new layout planning immensely. Thank you!